Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2015/02/17 18:03:43 UTC

Java 8

Hi,

Good news we can now compile trunk and all branches with Java 8 see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5835

BTW the EOL of Java 1.7 is near, so good timing to change our documentation.
I believe using Java 8 should not be a problem, more a good thing. But I must say here I still use Java 1.7, so need confirmation by the community.

Jacques

Re: Java 8

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Ron,

Yes looking forward for streams, lambdas and more

Jacques

Re: Java 8

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

--