Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 22:15:00 UTC

Re: did you always have to log in to phabricator

I do not know what to say on this, other then we are stuck between a rock
and a hard place. I would say we should just stop using fabricator all
together, but then again we already have two tickets opened with
ASF-infrastructure not going anywhere for months (moving our site to a CMS,
fixing the broken confluence to wiki publishing) so moving the process
officially to some ASF review board type thing might have similar issues.

What we might have to do is host phabricator ourselves like we are hosting
our unit testing ourselves. I do not know what else to say on this.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Previously we all agreed that the poster of the patch could chose the
review board of their choice. When this was agreed upon review board did
not require a login to view a review.

I will likely start a PMC vote on this issue soon. If the vote passes we
will remove mention of phabricator from the hive documentation, and not
accept patches for review not posted on Apache's review board.

That being said, if you are invested in phabricator as our review system,
(ring ring committers that put this system into place) you had better get
the wheels moving on removing the required password.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean