Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com> on 2003/06/05 23:33:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Permissions

Hi-

I knew that I shouldn't have, but I did it anyway....I was attempting to
set permissions for a user and fouled up royally. It seems that I'm
about to receive a really hard lesson in permissions, as now my apache
and tomcat startup scripts (to name just a few) are denied access. Here
is the command that I typed working in the /var directory:

chmod -R 555 ~username

My first question: is there any way to undo a previous chmod that was
performed logged in as root, or a command that might undo the damage
from the command above. My second question: Is there any good succinct
documentation on permissions that anyone knows of? Thanks for the help.

Beau Hebert

Re: [users@httpd] Permissions

Posted by Jose Eduardo Moura Neves <ed...@netcabo.pt>.
Hi,