Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/11/26 23:31:46 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.1.16 Alpha released

Apache Tomcat 4.1.16 Alpha has just been released. Please help improve
upcoming Tomcat releases by testing it.

Note: This release is intended only for testing purposes, not for
production use.

Downloads:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.16-alpha/

Significant changes over 4.1.15 Alpha include minor performance
improvements and bugfixes.

The full list of changes is available in the release notes.
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.16-alpha/RELEASE-NOTES

Remy

Re: [4.1.16] Benchmarks

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Peter Lin wrote:

> yeah, I can do that on a simple set this weekend and on a large webapp
> next week :)

Thanks Peter.
Since the 4.1 API can't be expanded, and I'm now pretty much done for
Coyote and HTTP/1.1 optimizations, 4.1.16 is more or less the best that
can be achieved with 4.1.x. So that's why doing benchmarks on that
release is interesting.

Remy

Re: [4.1.16] Benchmarks

Posted by Peter Lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.

yeah, I can do that on a simple set this weekend and on a large webapp
next week :)

peter

[4.1.16] Benchmarks

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.1.16 Alpha released

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@sopragroup.com>.
In the RELEASE-NOTES I saw that changes are ordered chronologically.
[4.1.1] bla
[4.1.2] bla
[4.1.3] bla
[4.1.4] bla

Isn't more usefull to have the last changes in the top of each list ???
[4.1.16] bla
[4.1.15] bla
[4.1.14] bla
[4.1.13] bla