Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc> on 2009/04/06 11:07:56 UTC

Eclipse plugin 2.6 and package explorer order

I am running Maven 2.1.0 and 2.6 of the eclipse plugin.  For some reason
after running an eclipse:eclipse on both new and existing projects I am
now getting src/test/java and resources appearing above src/main/java
and resources.  This is happening for all developers using our corporate
POM and the version is the only thing I remember changing.  It is
slightly frustrating as everyone is used to the original order.  Is this
a change to the plugin or something wrong with my POM?

When I look in .classpath I can see that src/test/java is the first
entry, and in older .classpath it is the 3rd entry.

Thanks,
Martin.

Re: Eclipse plugin 2.6 and package explorer order

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
yes it was intentional. It is annoying but you'll be sure to have the same
behavior in eclipse and in maven.
cheers

arnaud

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Paul Nyheim <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is intentional to be aligned with the classpath order
> that maven sets up when running tests.
> See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-318
>
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>
> wrote:
> > I am running Maven 2.1.0 and 2.6 of the eclipse plugin.  For some reason
> > after running an eclipse:eclipse on both new and existing projects I am
> > now getting src/test/java and resources appearing above src/main/java
> > and resources.  This is happening for all developers using our corporate
> > POM and the version is the only thing I remember changing.  It is
> > slightly frustrating as everyone is used to the original order.  Is this
> > a change to the plugin or something wrong with my POM?
> >
> > When I look in .classpath I can see that src/test/java is the first
> > entry, and in older .classpath it is the 3rd entry.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Martin.

Arnaud

Re: Eclipse plugin 2.6 and package explorer order

Posted by Paul Nyheim <hu...@gmail.com>.