Posted to dev@pegasus.apache.org by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/27 10:32:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] The first community version of Pegasus

Hi, all

We are preparing to release the next version of Pegasus, v2.1.0-rc1. Most
files in Pegasus are still copyrighted to Xiaomi and not comply with the
ASF policy. I've added a DISCLAIMER-WIP according to this doc [1] to state
that we are working on this.

Because this is the first community version, we are not quite familiar
with the entire process. Here's my todo, please correct me if anything I've
missed:

1. I will request votes to dev@pegasus.apache.org.
2. If the vote passes (with at least 3 approvals), I will send a "[RESULT]
[VOTE]" summary to general@incubator.apache.org.
3. Then we are able to release v2.1.0-rc1, with:
    - git tag v2.1.0-rc1, identifying the sources of this version.
    - binaries of v2.1.0-rc1 uploaded to github releases [2], including
pegasus-tools and pegasus-server

[1]
https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#work_in_progress_disclaimer
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-pegasus/releases

After v2.1.0-rc1 is released, we soon will work towards v2.1.0 if no other
fixes.

Best regards,
Wu Tao

Re: [DISCUSS] The first community version of Pegasus

Posted by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your advice~

I’ve created the key files:
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pegasus/KEYS
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pegasus/KEYS
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pegasus/KEYS>
I will upload the sources and binaries tomorrow. After that, I will
formally initiate a vote for this release.

Here below are the commands I used to create the directories of releases.
```
  svn mkdir https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pegasus
  svn checkout https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pegasus
pegasus-release
  svn mkdir https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pegasus
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pegasus>
  svn checkout https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pegasus
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pegasus>  pegasus-dev
```

BTW, I found a very detailed manual of releasing in ASF policy here:
https://beam.apache.org/contribute/release-guide/.
That is https://beam.apache.org/contribute/release-guide/#accounts where I
followed to create my GPG key.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2020年8月28日周五 下午9:53写道: