Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Mike Miller <Mi...@jda.com> on 2004/05/06 17:43:02 UTC

Velocity 1.4 multiline comments (#*)

Our group just upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 of Velocity.  Could someone please
confirm whether the following is a bug or expected behavior with 1.4:

We have some multiline comments blocks that have been used to comment out
existing code, which contains single line comments(##).  This worked fine
with 1.3, but now, running with 1.4, it appears that the multiline comment
should not contain any single line comments.   Correct???

The text between the #* and the ## is appearing on my output page.  Moving
the #* and *# to separate lines made no difference.  Removing the ## comment
corrected this problem.

Bug or expected behavior?

Thanks!

Mike Miller

JDA Software Group

Re: Velocity 1.4 multiline comments (#*)

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On May 6, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On May 6, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> Our group just upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 of Velocity.  Could someone
>> please
>> confirm whether the following is a bug or expected behavior with 1.4:
>>
>> We have some multiline comments blocks that have been used to comment
>> out
>> existing code, which contains single line comments(##).  This worked
>> fine
>> with 1.3, but now, running with 1.4, it appears that the multiline
>> comment
>> should not contain any single line comments.   Correct???
>>
>> The text between the #* and the ## is appearing on my output page.
>> Moving
>> the #* and *# to separate lines made no difference.  Removing the ##
>> comment
>> corrected this problem.
>>
>> Bug or expected behavior?
>
> Horrors.  That would be a bug.  Grrr.  I'll go look to see why...

It was fixed in 1.5 :)

geir@4quarters.com

Re: Velocity 1.4 multiline comments (#*)

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

geir@4quarters.com