Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Saravanan Iyyanar <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/11 14:12:39 UTC

Adding Image into a excel cell and adding a hyperlink to the image

Hi POI Users,
I have a requirement to create an excel (xls/xlsx) and add an image into a cell and add hyperlink (url ) to the image. I am trying with Apache POI HSSF/XSSF to achieve the functionality.
The image to be placed in the cell will be a thumbnail image (small one). Hyperlink to the image will be a url that take you to the full size image.
When I add an image into the cell with anchor option, the image is floating and didn’t reside within the cell. The suggestion was to have an idea of the image dimension and provide the row and cell width accordingly. But could not add a hyperlink to the image though.
Please provide your inputs on whether this is feasible with Apache POI HSSF/XSSF.
Thanks,
Saravanan Iyyanar