Posted to users@maven.apache.org by NeelamSharma <ne...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/02 13:02:49 UTC

Apache Maven-2.2.1 failed to download repository

Hi,

I was using Maven 2.2.1 - successfully downloaded repository on my systems
when I had Java 1.6. BUT when I moved to Java 1.7, I am not able to download
it again.

NOW I have rollback to java 1.6 but still I am not able to download maven.
[NOTE : I HAVE ALSO TRIED IT WITH MAVEN 3.0.3 AND FACING SAME ISSUE]

I am getting following Build Error

System has set JAVA_HOME of Java Home directory

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin:0.4.11:compute-osgi-version':
Unable to load the mojo
'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin:0.4.11:compute-osgi-version' in
the plugin 'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin'. A required class
is missing: Lorg/apache/maven/shared/osgi/Maven2OsgiConverter;
org.apache.maven.shared.osgi.Maven2OsgiConverter
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionExcep tion: Internal error in
the plugin manager executing goal
'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin:0.4.11:compute-osgi-version':
Unable to load the mojo
'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin:0.4.11:compute-osgi-version' in
the plugin 'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin'. A required class
is missing: Lorg/apache/maven/shared/osgi/Maven2OsgiConverter;
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:698)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecuto r.java:556)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExe cutor.java:387)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav a:348)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMav en.java:328)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven .java:138)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:3 62)
at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(Co mpatibleMain.java:60)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native
MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De
legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(L auncher.java:315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher. java:255)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:430)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.ja va:375)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException: Unable to load
the mojo
'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin:0.4.11:compute-osgi-version' in
the plugin 'com.sun.enterprise:osgiversion-maven-plugin'. A required class
is missing: Lorg/apache/maven/shared/osgi/Maven2OsgiConverter;
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getCo
nfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:679)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.execu
teMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:468)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
... 17 more
Lorg/apache/maven/shared/osgi/Maven2OsgiConverter;
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.jav a:2291)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1880)
at hidden.org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.ge
tFieldByNameIncludingSuperclasses(ReflectionUtils. java:47)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldCom
ponentComposer.getFieldByName(FieldComponentCompos er.java:212)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldCom
ponentComposer.findMatchingField(FieldComponentCom poser.java:171)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldCom
ponentComposer.assembleComponent(FieldComponentCom poser.java:62)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.DefaultC
omponentComposerManager.assembleComponent(DefaultC
omponentComposerManager.java:68)
at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.compose
Component(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:1486)
at org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.p
hase.CompositionPhase.execute(CompositionPhase.jav a:29)
at org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHan
dler.start(AbstractLifecycleHandler.java:101)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComp
onentManager.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractCompo nentManager.java:105)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComp
onentManager.createComponentInstance(AbstractCompo nentManager.java:95)
at org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.PerLookupCom
ponentManager.getComponent(PerLookupComponentManag er.java:48)
at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:331)
at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:440)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getCo
nfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:652)
... 19 more
org.apache.maven.shared.osgi.Maven2OsgiConverter
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 200)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 07)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader.loadClas
sDirect(RealmClassLoader.java:195)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.DefaultClassRealm.loadCla
ss(DefaultClassRealm.java:255)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.DefaultClassRealm.loadCla
ss(DefaultClassRealm.java:274)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader.loadClas
s(RealmClassLoader.java:214)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 52)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoade r.java:320)
... 36 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 29 minutes 36 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Dec 21 13:07:49 IST 2012
[INFO] Final Memory: 13M/23M
[INFO]

Complete log output of downloading process can be seen here -
http://neelamsharma.s3.amazonaws.com/Maven_Result-2.2.1.txt

I am removing local repository ".m2" folder from my user each time before
restarting it.

Can anybody please let me know what settings are changed that I need to
update ?

Thanks

Re: Apache Maven-2.2.1 failed to download repository

Posted by NeelamSharma <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anders for reply.

My system is in a network where all system are connected with a LAN, but I
have tried downloading repository on a personal network (disconnecting my
LAN and connected to a private net), then also facing same issue. One point
is that earlier I was successful to download with same network. This time I
am facing issue. Please let me know where to change configuration?

In setting.xml (myfolder\apache-maven-2.2.1\conf\settings.xml) file these
tags are commented
<proxies>

</proxies>

This show that I am not downloading using Proxies.

If there is issue of older maven version then also I tried downloading and
setup latest version of Maven-3.0.4 (also tried Maven-3.0.3), but they also
stuck exactly at same step as I am facing from start. It always downloading
".m2" of size 3.92 MB (4118659 bytes).

I am always clearing my local repository from my user then restarting again.

Re: Apache Maven-2.2.1 failed to download repository

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are building javax.mail.jar with the source of "JavaMail 1.4.4 source
>> code", downloaded from http://kenai.com/projects/javamail/downloads , we
>
> You should share your work with the Kenai project to update/fix these
> poms so the invalid repositories are removed, for the benefit of
> future users (builders) of these projects.

+1

And see if you can work around the stupid Sun licensing that caused
not being able to store artifacts in Central.
(Oracle may have fixed some of that... been too long)

Re: Apache Maven-2.2.1 failed to download repository

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> We are building javax.mail.jar with the source of "JavaMail 1.4.4 source
> code", downloaded from http://kenai.com/projects/javamail/downloads , we

You should share your work with the Kenai project to update/fix these
poms so the invalid repositories are removed, for the benefit of
future users (builders) of these projects.

Wayne

Re: Apache Maven-2.2.1 failed to download repository

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I'm purely guessing here, but it could be that these repos where up last
time you tried building but are now down.
Once again, you should have an internal repo manager. If you did, you
wouldn't have these problems.

/Anders

Posted by NeelamSharma <ne...@gmail.com>.
[...]

I am not facing this issue on one machine, I tried downloading from
different OS (XP, Win7, Win8), it failed at same stage, same error it
producing. As there is no changes in my code and in the maven. Is there any

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Well, you need to figure out where those problematic repos are referenced
and get rid of them.

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Are you trying to build some Maven project created by someone else? Please
provide url in that case!

Did you search for the url strings in the project? Could give you a hint
where to look to do the change.

/Anders

Posted by NeelamSharma <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Right, so the repos you're having problems with don't exist. Dwelling into
this problem I think that Maven stores the returnign error message from the
maven-glassfish.org repo as the artifatc jar file (you see the reported
checksum error?).

Why are you using these repos? Remove them whereever you have them
referenced and try again!

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Have you tried accessing these URLs through a web browser? That should give
you a clue about why it doesn't work.

/Anders

Posted by NeelamSharma <ne...@gmail.com>.
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
[...]

These will use the artifact files already in the core ClassRealm instead, to

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Sorry, hard to say without knowing of the environment. But if it's a corp
environment there should be someone else there you could talk to about what
proxy settings you need to configure. You should even have a internal repo
manager that you should use instead of accessing the repos on the Internet
directly.

How to configure a proxy for Maven to use is explained in the link I sent
earlier. Or do some googling.

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I'm fairly sure you had some configuration, like proxy, with your older
Maven installation that you're now missing.

First, I strongly suggest you always configure Maven through settings.xml
in your profile and not the one in the Maven installation. By doing that
you will have the same configuration for all Maven installations. Also, you
normally shouldn't have to clear you local repo all the time. But if you
do, you should delete .m2/repository only and not the entire .m2 folder in
your profile (as it would wipe out your settings.xml).

There's more info on configuring Maven here [1].

/Anders

[1] http://maven.apache.org/settings.html

Posted by NeelamSharma <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anders for reply.

My system is in a network where all system are connected with a LAN, but I
have tried downloading repository on a personal network (disconnecting my
LAN and connected to a private net), then also facing same issue. One point
is that earlier I was successful to download with same network. This time I
am facing issue. Please let me know where to change configuration?

In setting.xml (myfolder\apache-maven-2.2.1\conf\settings.xml) file these
tags are commented
<proxies>
----commented
<proxy>
<id>optional</id>
<active>true</active>
<protocol>http</protocol>
<username>proxyuser</username>
<password>proxypass</password>
<host>proxy.host.net</host>
<port>80</port>
<nonProxyHosts>local.net|some.host.com</nonProxyHosts>
</proxy>

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Is this on a computer with direct Internet access, or a corporate computer
where you likely need to go through a web proxy?

/Anders