Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Thomas <al...@gmx.de> on 2001/08/08 20:28:53 UTC

Enabeling Xerces and Schema-validation within the cocoon2 framework...

Hi there.

I would like to perform Schema-validation on certain xml-documnets which are
rendered by the cocoon2 framwork.

I already applied the changes suggested by the remark in the cocoon.conf file
which says:

  <!-- The default parser used in the Apache Cocoon 2 system is
       org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.JaxpParser.
       Apache Cocoon 2 system requires a JAXP 1.1 parser.
       If you have problems because your servlet environment uses its own
       parser not conforming to JAXP 1.1 try using the alternative
       XercesParser instead of the JaxpParser. To activate the XercesParser
       move the line below starting with <parser ...> out of this comment
       block.
       You also than have to add a system property to your JVM
       (probably on the startup of your servlet engine like this:

-Dorg.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser=org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser
  -->

  <parser class="org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser"/>

But still there is no validation taken into account!!! I suppose it is
neccessary to set the corresponding properties within Xerces as described in
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/properties.html ???

Does anybody have experience ot this ???

Any help would be highly appreciated !!!

Regards,

Alexander Thomas