Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bud Bach <ww...@ameritech.net> on 2007/03/12 16:10:41 UTC

specific spam

I'm running james 2.3 with the BayesianAnalysis filter.   It is an awesome
combination except there are two fairly specific spam messages that seem to
get through no matter how many times I feed them to the engine, they still
seem to get though.  The one is a for a type of drug (you know).  The ad has
a rectangular colored box and they seed it with a bunch of random words.
The other one is a stock tip one that I can't seem to get rid of.  Has
anyone figured out how to defeat these?  -- Bud

Re: specific spam

Posted by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com>.
> a Greylist implementation exists in trunk
Are there any plans to release (soon) a version of James that would include the greylist and VUT?
These look like big features already - much more than it was added to previous versions.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.

Re: specific spam

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Hi Bud,

a Greylist implementation exists in trunk

bye
Norman

Bud Bach schrieb:
> Sounds promising.  Is there a James greylist implementation?
>
> Otherwise I have been a little lax on feeding ham...
>
> -- Bud

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i.A. Norman Maurer
Systemadministrator

ByteAction GmbH
Auf der Beune 83-85
64839 Münster

Phone:   +49 (0) 60 71 92 16 - 21
Fax:       +49 (0) 60 71 92 16 - 20
E-mail:    nm@byteaction.de
Internet: www.byteaction.de
AG Darmstadt, HRB 33271
Ust-Id: DE206997247
GF: Thomas Volkert
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen und ist nur für den in der E-Mail genannten Adressaten bestimmt. Für den Fall, dass der Empfänger dieser E-Mail nicht der in der E-Mail benannte Adressat ist, weisen wir darauf hin, dass das Lesen, Kopieren, die Wiedergabe, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Bekanntmachung, Veränderung, Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung der E-Mail strengstens untersagt ist. Bitte verständigen Sie den Absender dieser E-Mail unter folgender Rufnummer +49 (0) 6071 / 9216-0, falls Sie irrtümlich diese E-Mail erhalten haben und löschen Sie diese E-Mail. Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist nur rechtsverbindlich, wenn er von unserer Seite schriftlich durch Brief oder Telefax bestätigt wird. Die Versendung von E-Mails an uns hat keine fristwahrende Wirkung.

This e-mail contains information which is privileged and is intended only for the Addressee named in the e-mail. In case that the recipient of this e-mail is not the named addressee, we would like to inform you that it is strictly prohibited to read, to reproduce, to disseminate, to copy, to disclose, to modify, to distribute and/or to publish this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please call the sender under following telephone number +49 (0) 6071 / 9216-0 and delete this e-mail. The content of this e-mail is not legally binding unless confirmed by letter or telefax. E-mails which are sent to us do not constitute compliance with any time limits or deadlines.

RE: specific spam

Posted by Bud Bach <ww...@ameritech.net>.

Re: specific spam

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.

Re: specific spam

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Hi,

i fully agree... Greylisting is a "killer" ;-)

bye
Norman

Re: specific spam

Posted by Michael Weissenbacher <mw...@dermichi.com>.
Hi,
not much hope on these with Bayesian Analysis IMO. There aren't any
patterns which such a filter can detect. The newest ones even use text
which is slightly rotated and are made up of several frames using
animated gif's.
Would love to hear some ideas on how to detect them reliably, too.

Michael