Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by mic1099 <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 09:21:52 UTC

getting summary from lucene index

Hi
Could anyone tell me how can I get summary from lucene index. I used nutch
to index but I wanted to handle indexing by my self. Evrything is allright
except of getting summary from index. I have no idea what to do.

Re: getting summary from lucene index

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hello,

mic1099 wrote:
> Hi Could anyone tell me how can I get summary from lucene index. I
> used nutch to index but I wanted to handle indexing by my self.
> Evrything is allright except of getting summary from index. I have no
> idea what to do.

You should repost your question on the java-user list - the java-dev
list is for discussions on the development of Lucene, not for questions
about its use.

When you repost on the java-user list, make sure you add information
about what you mean by "summary" - do you want to be able to generate
summaries for each document returned in response to a query?  Or do you
want a collection summary - e.g. 1000 documents, averaging 1.2 kb each,
with most frequent terms "and", "to", and "elephant"?

Steve

--
Steve Rowe
Center for Natural Language Processing