Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mark Phillips <ma...@mophilly.com> on 2011/01/18 18:22:50 UTC

default repository is not created

For the record: Apache Tomcat/6.0.24 JVM: 1.6.0_22-b04-307-10M3261 Apple Inc. Mac OS X 10.6.6 x86_64

Downloaded jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.1.war file, and installed it using Tomcat Manager deploy function. jackrabbit home page is presents but the "browser" link results in a 505 error.

It appears the default repository is not created. In the "webapps" directory, within the Tomcat home directory tree, I find the jackrabbit .war file and a directory bearing the same name as the jackrabbit distro. I do not find any evidence of a default repository/workspace.

I have tried changing the user and group of the files and directories to match those of the tomcat installation tree, but no joy.

What might be preventing the creation of the default repository?

 - Tomcat java security?
 - Local file system ACLs?
 - Do I need to add a special user to the Tomcat users .xml file?

 - Mark

RE: default repository is not created

Posted by Tomás Temprano <tt...@Toyota.com.ve>.
Did you try using this path to configure the default repository?

/config/index.jsp

Posted by Mark Phillips <ma...@mophilly.com>.
On Jan 18, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Tomás Temprano wrote:

> The cause should be in the Tomcat log file.
>
> Also, error 505 seems to be a completely unrelated error.
>
> 505 HTTP Version Not Supported:
>
> Your browser may have made a request using HTTP 1.1, whereas the server you made the request to supports only up to HTTP 1.0. This may occur when a proxy server sends along a request with a different version number.

Thank you, Tomas, for the reply.

I made a mistake. The http error returned is 500. I apologize for the misdirection.

I assumed the bootstrap.properties, mentioned in the trace below, would be updated as part of the deploy feature. That does not seem to be the case.

What is the path JackRabbit is attempting to write into? Is that (part of) the issue?

 - Mark

From catalina.out