Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Philippe LEBOEUF <je...@free.fr> on 2003/01/19 16:41:26 UTC

Problem with Tomcat manager

Hello, I have posted this message but maybe it was not clear.

I do not know why, but I can install a web app in Tomcat using the URL form but
not with the manager.

I am using Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.18, and Sun J2SE 1.3.1_06 (JDK).
My webapp is in /opt/Java/Apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/soja.

If I do :
http://192.168.1.250:8080/manager/install?
path=/sojaweb&war=file:/opt/Java/Apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/soja ,
the manager is able to install the web app.

But, if I am using the GUI, the generated URL is :
http://192.168.1.250:8080/manager/html/install?path=&installPath=%
2Fsojaweb&installConfig=&installWar=file%3A%2Fopt%2FJava%2FApache%2Fjakarta-
tomcat-4.1.18%2Fwebapps%2Fsoja

and I get the following exception :

Message: FAIL - Encountered exception java.net.MalformedURLException: no
protocol:

Where is the problem ???

Thanks !
Jean-Philippe.