Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Em <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2011/01/24 19:55:59 UTC

Re: Possible Memory Leaks / Upgrading to a Later Version of Solr or Lucene

Hi Simon,

I got no experiences with a distributed environment.
However, what you are talking about reminds me on another post on the
mailing list.

Could it be possible that your slaves not finished their replicating until
the new replication-process starts?
If so, there you got the OOM :).

Just a thought, perhaps it helps.

Regards,
Em

Re: Possible Memory Leaks / Upgrading to a Later Version of Solr or Lucene

Posted by Simon Wistow <si...@thegestalt.org>.
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:55:59AM -0800, Em said:
> Could it be possible that your slaves not finished their replicating until
> the new replication-process starts?
> If so, there you got the OOM :).

This was one of my thoughts as well - we're currently running a slave
which has no queries in it just to see if that exhibits similar
behaviour.

My reasoning against it is that we're not seeing any

	PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=x

in the logs which is something I'd expect to see.

2 minutes doesn't seem like an unreasonable period of time either - the
docs at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication suggest 20 seconds.