Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/27 03:55:13 UTC

Update about Utilities repo migration

Here is David@Infra's note about the missing history in the flex-utilities
git repo.

I think we should accept the repo as it is and move ahead.  Any objections?

We can go back to SVN for any history that is missing.  I doubt we would
need that because it was the early days of the  Installer project and I am
pretty sure that there is anything mission critical there.

Thanks,
Om

--------
David Nalley commented on INFRA-5549:
-------------------------------------

Okay folks:

I tried running through utilities 2 more times - came up with the same
result.

Here's the issue - because there are differences in how git and svn handle
branches and tags, when we look to convert a SVN tree we have to specify a
layout. (e.g. where tags, branches and trunk, live in the tree)

The problem is that on August 15 the tree layout was changed [1], which is
the expected layout - so prior to that layout existing, in the eyes of the
migration process nothing existed in that repo. In short - that layout
change essentially (from a git perspective.) restarted history.

(BTW - Paul Davis provided the sanity to catch this problem, many thanks
for that.)

Let me know how you want to proceed with this.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1373617
--------

External repo looks ok (was Re: Update about Utilities repo migration)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
A unix diff of the flex-external repo reports no errors.  It can be opened
for read-write.

>>> http://www.directwriter.es

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Update about Utilities repo migration

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.
+1

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
+1

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Update about Utilities repo migration

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
+1 too

-Fred

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Update about Utilities repo migration

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
+1

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Update about Utilities repo migration

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Yup, let's get it done.

--
Alex Harui