Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by "D. Cardon" <my...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/18 20:35:57 UTC

Detecting Partial Refresh

Hi all,

I have a page in which I use a partial refresh to
update selectable values in some drop-down boxes.  In
this scenario, the values in one drop-down determines
the set of possible values in another drop-down.  So,
a partial page refresh seemed an intuitive way to
handle the update of the dependent drop-down.

In addition to these drop-down boxes, there are other
components on the page, some of which need validation.
 However, I would only like to validate the components
when the form is "actually" submitted--not during the
autoSubmit of my related drop-down boxes.  Is there
any way to detect the partial page refresh during the
validation phase and prevent the validation from
occurring?  Or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks,

--David

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Detecting Partial Refresh

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
David,

I don't actually use Trinidad yet, so I can only point you at the
theory rather than the practice.

However, using the Tomahawk components (which I believe were based on
the Trinidad ones), this works fine:

	<sandbox:subForm id="chooseForm">
		<h:selectOneListbox
			size="10"
			value="#{bean.item}">
			<f:selectItem
				itemValue="#{bean.nullSelectItemOptionValue}"
				itemLabel="&lt;No selection&gt;" />
			<t:selectItems
				value="#{bean.itemChoiceList}"
				var="item"
				itemLabel="#{item.code} - #{item.description}"
				itemValue="#{item}" />
			<sandbox:submitOnEvent for="execute" />
		</h:selectOneListbox>
		<h:commandButton id="execute"