Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by François Bousquet <Fr...@radialpoint.com> on 2013/07/30 20:47:46 UTC

CloudStack 4.1 AWS API error: Client: The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR)

We are running CloudStack 4.1.0 installed from RPM and are having problem configuring the AWS API: CloudStack-Bridge.

After doing the initial configuration (enable.ec2.api=true + restart) then following these steps:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/aws-ec2-user-setup.html

My EC2 env. variables are the following:
EC2_CERT=/root/francoisb_crt.pem
EC2_HOME=/root/ec2-api-tools-1.3-62308
EC2_PRIVATE_KEY=/root/francoisb_key.pem
EC2_URL=http://cloud.ops.dot:7080/awsapi

We get the following error when using any of the ec2 api tools:

#  ./ec2-describe-availability-zones
Client: The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR) http://cloud.ops.dot:7080/awsapi/services/AmazonEC2/

Server error from catalina.out is the following:

Jul 30, 2013 2:42:52 PM org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine receive
SEVERE: The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR) http://cloud.ops.dot:7080/awsapi/services/AmazonEC2/
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR) http://cloud.ops.dot:7080/awsapi/services/AmazonEC2/
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPhase.java:65)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:334)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:254)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:160)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:173)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:144)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:646)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
        at com.cloud.bridge.service.EC2MainServlet.doGetOrPost(EC2MainServlet.java:114)
        at com.cloud.bridge.service.EC2MainServlet.doPost(EC2MainServlet.java:89)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:555)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProcessor.process(Http11NioProcessor.java:889)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11NioProtocol.java:721)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:2274)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

I found this similar issue in the mailing history but there is no resolution.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-users/201306.mbox/%3C1711456701.20130629021155@vp.pl%3E

both enable.s3.api=true and s3.enable=true are also configured but, I haven't tried them.

Any idea?

François Bousquet
NOC Team Lead
Office: 514-286-2636 #2337
Mobile: 514-654-8920
francois.bousquet@radialpoint.com

*********************************************************************** This e-mail and attachments are confidential, legally privileged, may be subject to copyright and sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of Radialpoint. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Le contenu du présent courriel est confidentiel, privilégié et peut être soumis à des droits d'auteur. Il est envoyé à l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires. Il est interdit de l'utiliser ou de le divulguer sans autorisation. Les opinions exprimées dans le présent courriel peuvent diverger de celles de Radialpoint.

Re: CloudStack 4.1 AWS API error: Client: The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR)

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Francois, the 4.1 version also supports the Query API. You may be able to
use Boto
See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/4gHVAQ