Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/17 20:04:13 UTC

Does Apache No Longer Support Axis?

When I go to:

http://www.apache.org/

I don't see Axis or Axis2 listed anywhere.

Ok, take a breather, it's probably under Web Services:

http://ws.apache.org/index.html

No, not listed here either.

Ok, let's just go there:

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/

Oh, yea, it's here.  But why Apache is hiding this big project?

Re: AW: Does Apache No Longer Support Axis?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Josef:

Good question. :) We just had this very conversation on the WS dev list, and
the plan is indeed to put links from the WS site to the Axis project, so that
people will understand where things have gone and the history behind the
move.  We'll get this in place sometime soon.

To clarify, Axis and Axis2 and all the Axis2 modules (Rampart, Sandesha, etc)
are now all under the Axis project at http://axis.apache.org.

Thanks,
--Glen

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
But why are you not keeping a link from Web Services to Axis2 unless the Axis2 by itself is done well?
OR is Axis2 not any longer considered a project belonging to Web Sercvice such as Axisom é all others do?

Josef

Axis project is moved as a top level project (it should be now in
axis.apache.org). But that migration has took some time, and hence the
reason you see this. We will get this done very soon.

Thanks
Srinath

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not only just the link, look closely:
>
> "
> September 6, 2010 - Apache Axis2/Java Version 1.5.2 Released!
>
> 1.5.2 is a maintenance release to fix the security issue described in
> CVE-2010-1632 as well as an XSS vulnerability in the admin console and
> some other minor issues. It also upgrades Axiom to version 1.2.9.
>
> October 23, 2009 - Apache Axis2/Java Version 1.5.1 Released!
> "
>
> So it's almost 1 year, and a very minor a bug release was done.
>
> Axis is a great project.  I know many people use them heavily, myself
> included.  I wonder what's going on with it?
>

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I go to:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/
>>
>> I don't see Axis or Axis2 listed anywhere.
>>
>> Ok, take a breather, it's probably under Web Services:
>>
>> http://ws.apache.org/index.html
>>
>> No, not listed here either.
>>
>> Ok, let's just go there:
>>
>> http://ws.apache.org/axis2/
>>
>> Oh, yea, it's here.  But why Apache is hiding this big project?

============================
Srinath Perera, Ph.D.
  Senior Software Architect, WSO2 Inc.
  Visiting Lecturer, University of Moratuwa
  Member, Apache Software Foundation
  Member, Lanka Software Foundation
  Blog: http://srinathsview.blogspot.com/

Re: Does Apache No Longer Support Axis?