Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jitu <ji...@andiamo.com> on 2003/07/02 16:42:05 UTC

Where can i download the latest version

Hi !

What is the latest version of jakarta apache commons net ?
http://apache.ttlhost.com/jakarta/commons/net/source/ - This has 1.0.0
version.

But i see that
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/xref/ - has reference to 1.0.1 code.

Where can i download the 1.01. code or whichever is the latest version ?

Thanks
Jitu

Re: [Commons-Net] : Latest Version ?

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 16:52, Jeffrey D. Brekke wrote:
> I put "In CVS" on the 1.0.1 release to indicate that the next release,
> v1.0.1, is still cooking and hasn't yet been released.  You can
> download the nightly builds here:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/download.html if you don't feel
> like checking the code out from CVS and building it yourself.

Thanks for the reply, Jeffrey.

Perhaps "In Progress" might be a clearer label than "In CVS"?
Either way, thanks for your work on Net.

Regards,

Simon

[Commons-Net] - telnet issue...

Posted by Jitu <ji...@andiamo.com>.
Hi Jeffrey,

I am not sure if you are working on the the Commons-Net-Telnet code...

Commons-Net-Telnet code , works well when i try to connect to most
machines, but for a few particular machines, it just fails to work.
On debugging it seemed that
IAC WILL ECHO was being sent by these machines (telnet servers), but
commons-net telnet client failed to reply to that.
Hence, when i send username, after getting the login: prompt, the telnet
server does not give me Password: string. It just hangs at that point.

I modified the code a little to send a reply (IAC DO ECHO i think) when
i receive IAC WILL ECHO, things started working. But at best what i did
was a patch, without really understanding the code.

I am using 1.00 version, but i just saw problem exists with 1.0.1
version too.

I wonder if the problem really is with commons-net-telnet (particularly
Telnet.java) or something i am not doing right.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jitu

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@brekke.org>.

                                                    ekkerbj@yahoo.com

[Commons-Net] : Latest Version ?

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.

Commons-Net : Latest Version ?

Posted by Jitu <ji...@andiamo.com>.
Hi !

Re: Where can i download the latest version

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi Jitu