Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luis Navarro <ln...@lunadesign.net> on 2002/02/01 23:05:25 UTC

Apache data corruption on Windows XP?

I'm seeing file corruption when running Apache 1.3.23 on XP Pro.
Specifically, I'm seeing the following:

1. Certain gif's and jpg's show up corrupted in all client browsers,
   specifically the end (bottom) of the image is usually garbled.
   I tried this on a site with about 150 photos and it happened on
   3 or 4 of them.
2. Changing the path to the image (ie, simply changing the filename
   from foo.jpg to foo2.jpg) changes and sometimes removes the
   corruption.  (Seems like an off-by-one buffer problem somewhere.)

Notes:

1. Problem is seen from:
   - Browsers on multiple machines on my LAN
   - Browsers on the server machine (using the network interface)
   - Browsers on the server machine (using the localhost interface)
   Of course, since the path is different for the last one, the
   corruption is often different.
2. XP machine is a fresh install, not an upgrade.
3. Apache server is a fresh install, only changes are to specify
   port 9000 instead of 80.
4. As noted above, problem occurs both over the network and
   locally, so it doesn't appear to be a network driver.
5. Problem also happens on Apache 1.2.22 on WinXP Pro.
6. Problem does not happen on Apache 1.2.23 on Win2K SP2.
7. Problem does not happen on Apache 2.0.28 Beta on WinXP Pro.

Please help!

Regards,

    ....Luis

luis navarro
luna design syndicate, inc.
503.579.6070 | ln@lunadesign.net
http://www.lunadesign.net/

RE: Apache data corruption on Windows XP?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Please don't post to the newsgroup and the mailing list at the same time.
You waste the time of people responding to your message.

Joshua.