Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Pruy <Ra...@acrys.com> on 2017/06/12 16:19:09 UTC

DBReader.open() needs connection? Why?

Hi,

as a novice to empire-db, I just came across the fact that for getting
"larger" results, you should use a DBReader.

The API doc suggests using "DBReader.open(DBCommandExpr cmd,  Connection
conn)"

However, why would one need to specify a connection when the underlying
database instance has been opened already

and the DBCommand has been created from that database instance?

While I can see some use cases for executing a query using a different
connection from the one the database has been opened with,

I would expect the regular case be to open the database instance and
then execute queries against that opened instance.

Do I miss some fundamental aspects of empire-db?

BTW: Is there some additional documentation that illustrates some more
aspects of the logical design than what is illustrated with the web page

(Empire-db, Empire-db and Struts and Documentation sections)?

Regards,

Rainer