Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Garima Bathla <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 20:55:24 UTC

unable to get ivy object from IvyAntSettings

I am currently working on invoking Ant+Ivy from a standalone java program, I
am doing so o automate ivy.xml creation:

So My Java Class looks like :

Project p = getProjectFromUser(); // My Own Custom method
IvyAntSettings ivyAntSettings = ((IvyAntSettings)
p.getReference("ivy.instance"));

Question: How can I get handle of ivy instance (Ivy.java)  from
IvyAntSettings object.

Problem : in Apache Ivy 2.0.0 there was a method getConfiguredIvyInstance()
in IvyAntSettings class and this method signature has been changed to
getConfiguredIvyInstance(Task task). Since I am running it from a plain java
class I d not have any Task object to pass on.

I am not saying the signature change is wrong, but at this point I am unable
to get Ivy object from IvyAntSettings. Is there any other way I can get Ivy
object from ivy.instance reference?

Regards,
Garima.