Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jose Luis Marin Perez <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/02 16:32:07 UTC

Questions about SA

I have some questions:

 - How to calculate the amount of memory and CPU used by each process Spamd?
 - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem for SpamAssassin?
 - Which tool can I use to get statistics of SpamAssassin, I am currently using the script "sa-stats.pl".

Thanks

Jose Luis

Re: Questions about SA

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 02.10.09 09:32, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
>  - How to calculate the amount of memory and CPU used by each process Spamd?

very hardly without running multiple spamd processes. It also depends on
sizes of mails checked.
LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors

Re: Questions about SA

Posted by Igor Bogomazov <bi...@hl.ru>.
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
>
> > - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem
> > for SpamAssassin?
>
> Possibly. Most of the default rules and most third-party rules are
> for English. This would tend to reduce your hit rate, but a
> properly-trained Bayes would help correct that.
>
> I don't know if anybody is generating third-party rules for
> spanish-language spam...

I use SA for filtering Russian spam, and I have no complaints.

--
С уважением,

Igor Bogomazov
Игорь Богомазов
Главный технический специалист
HighLink Ltd. St-Petersburg, Russia
8(812)334-12-12 [доб. 220]
8(963)344-44-38 (Билайн)
http://www.hl.ru

Re: Questions about SA

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem for
>   SpamAssassin?

Possibly. Most of the default rules and most third-party rules are for
English. This would tend to reduce your hit rate, but a properly-trained
Bayes would help correct that.

I don't know if anybody is generating third-party rules for
spanish-language spam...

> - Which tool can I use to get statistics of SpamAssassin, I am currently
>   using the script "sa-stats.pl".

sa-stats.pl is a good tool to get your local rule performance.

   Gun Control laws cannot reduce violent crime, because gun control
   laws assume a violent criminal will obey the law.
  Approximately 9085920 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year