Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Dahnke <ed...@nyc.yamaha.com> on 2004/02/17 17:58:42 UTC

Printer Friendly using Tiles

What is the best way to do printer friendly pages using Tiles?

We've got a portal type application. I'm looking at the Dynamic Look &
Feel capability of Tiles as a canidate for implementing print friendly
pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions or wish to share about how they did it?

Many Thanks, Eric

RE: Printer Friendly using Tiles

Posted by Eric Dahnke <ed...@nyc.yamaha.com>.
Thanks for the response. Where would you change the layout?

Something like this within the pages/*.jsp files?

String layout = ".stackedStandard";
if (request.getParameter(printFriendly) != null) {
	layout = ".stackedPrintFriendly";
}
<tiles:insert definition="<%= layout %>" flush="true">
	<tiles:put name="title"		value="Product Group" />
	<tiles:put name="header"	value=".productGroup_header" />
	<tiles:put name="nav"		value="/tiles/nav.jsp" />
	<tiles:put name="body"		value=".productGroup_body" />
	<tiles:put name="footer"	value="/tiles/footer.jsp" />
</tiles:insert>

Or are you referring to the Dynamic L&F functionality within Tiles,
where the definition is actually a class, and you can conditionally
define the layout?

THX!

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.