Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Gentilin <jo...@eyecatching.com> on 2000/12/05 20:21:49 UTC

Bug: Xalan 2.0 Extension Code

Using the XSL page defined in the SQL Extensions page,
I get the exception output below.

This was working fine with D01. I am using jdk.1.2.2 (Sun) on
Linux. Xerces & BSF are from the source distribution
( /java directory) from CVS. Not sure if it is a problem with Xalan
or the extension code itself.

TIA
John Gentilin

Connected to jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:5000/smart911
Driver   jConnect (TM) for JDBC (TM)
Version  jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/5.2(Build 20693)/P/EBF9007/JDK12/Mon
Apr  3 12:33:02 2000

In XStatement constructor
Exiting XStatement constructor
In XStatement.nextNode
In XStatement.hasChildNodes
In XStatement.hasChildNodes
In XStatement.getParentNode
In XStatement.getFirstChild: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.xalan.lib.sql.XStatement.getFirstChild(XStatement.java:388)
 at org.apache.xpath.axes.ChildWalker.firstChild(ChildWalker.java:117)
 at org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.getNextNode(AxesWalker.java:1344)
 at org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.nextNode(AxesWalker.java:1433)
 at
org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.nextNode(LocPathIterator.java:715)

 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:407)

 at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java:225)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2119)

 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:528)

[...]

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(TransformerImpl.java:2017)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1230)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2823)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE border="1">
<TR

XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): TRaX Transform
Exception

Re: Bug: Xalan 2.0 Extension Code

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
John Gentilin wrote:

> Using the XSL page defined in the SQL Extensions page,
> I get the exception output below.

John --

I've just checked in a change to
org.apache.xalan.lib.sql.StreamableNode.java that should fix this
problem.

Thanks for reporting it.  Please keep us advised if you're still having
problems and let us know whether this fixed the problem you were
experiencing.

I'm also sending you a copy of this email directly because I've been
having delays on the xalan-dev list and I'm not sure if it's me or the
list.

Gary

Translating WML to HTML

Posted by Mod XSLT <mo...@modxslt.userworld.com>.
I'm working on an application that translates WML to HTML. Whenever I try
to use the sample applications to translate WML to HTML (like testXSLT), I
get the following error:

Fatal Error at (file http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml, line 141,
char4): An exception occured! Type:IllegalArgumentException,
Message:String pool id was not legal

I'm not certain this error is with xalan (I guess it could be with Xerces)
but I thought I'd start here.

Any thoughts or hints would be appreciated.

Josh

Re: Bug: Xalan 2.0 Extension Code

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
John Gentilin wrote:

> Using the XSL page defined in the SQL Extensions page,
> I get the exception output below.

John --

I'll look into this and let you know shortly.  I've never used this
extension so I'll need a bit of time but I'll respond within a few hours
or less.

Gary