Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Manne Fagerlind <Ma...@rgk.se> on 2006/04/03 16:49:18 UTC

WSRP4J and Jboss?

Hello everybody!

I'm new to this list and to WSRP4J, so bear with me if my questions are
silly...

Has anybody tried using WSRP4J with Jboss? I'm able to get Pluto running
in Jboss, and the deployer doesn't complain when I add wsrp4j-producer
and wsrp4j-testportlet, but the Swing consumer fails silently. Nothing
is displayed in the window, and the only thing that appears on the
console is the following:

swingconsumer:run:
    [java] Restored portlet :1_0.1
    [java] Restored portlet :1_0.2

/Manne

Re: WSRP4J and Jboss?

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.
I don't have any experience with JBoss, but here's a thought. Sorry it
this is obvious.  The SwingConsumer is configured out-of-the-box to look
for the Producer on localhost:8081 and the tomcat install puts the
Producer at localhost:8080, so normally the tcpip tunnel is required.

You can change the Producer port that the SwingConsumer uses by changing
the persistent file:

wsrp4j/consumer-swingconsumer/target/persistence/producers/org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.driver.ProducerImpl@WSRP4J.xml

Also, I've noticed that sometimes the SwingConsumer needs its
persistence files refreshed.  It must destructively update the files for
some reason, which I haven't had time to explore.

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research