Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/03 09:02:44 UTC

Providing information available in deploy.xml programatically

I'm working on integrating BPEL and SCA in Tuscany (we have a embedded
ODE server), and was wondering if there is a way to avoid using the
deploy.xml when deploying a BPEL process, and provide any necessary
metadata information programatically, in my case with information from
a SCA composite file or other SCA artifacts.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Providing information available in deploy.xml programatically

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
Hi Luciano,

I think for Tuscany, what could make sense is the have your own process
store or a modified version of ours. The process store in ODE is what keep
track of all your deployments, triggers the compiler when a process must be
deployed and reads the deploy.xml to feed all these informations back to the
engine.

Ideally, deployments would be managed by Tuscany and you would implement the
store interface [1]. The only "tricky" part in there is tracking deployment
versions and the directories where these are on the disk. But I'd think that
you already have something similar in Tuscany to handle composites.

Let me know if you need more details and thanks for the good work.

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/tags/APACHE_ODE_1.1.1/bpel-api/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/bpel/iapi/ProcessStore.java