Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mindbridge <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/28 01:38:43 UTC

Re: Building a Custom Table

Hi Reinier,

I think the key is in this sentence:

> I also want to specify the size of the table so that I can show
> all the data on one page.

If I understand correctly, the table that you want to display would neither
have multiple pagses, nor would have sorting by a column. As such, I do not
think you would get a benefit from using Contrib:Table -- it is useful only
when one needs one or both of those features. 'Table' can do everything you
requested, but I think it would be an overkill in this case.

I would suggest instead to build your table manually using the Foreach and
Conditional components. Please have a look at their documentation in the
Component Reference (located in web/doc/ComponentReference in the Tapestry
distribution) -- it contains some great examples that are very relevant to
what you want to do and are probably directly applicable.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
-mb