Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 16:20:38 UTC

Version of Java in Jenkins

Lewis,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1590 requires Java 1.7 for
building the Javadoc. Does something need changing in Jenkins? BTW is there
a WIKI page somewhere on how to configure Jenkins?

Thanks

Julien

--

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://twitter.com/digitalpebble

Re: Version of Java in Jenkins

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Julien Nioche <
lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lewis,
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1590 requires Java 1.7 for
> building the Javadoc. Does something need changing in Jenkins?

Do we want to shift the entire project to use Java 7? Is this the question
you are asking?

> BTW is there a WIKI page somewhere on how to configure Jenkins?
>

> No not currently.

In the Jenkins job's I've described important parameters in the job
description. You can see them here

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Nutch/job/Nutch-trunk/
and
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Nutch/job/Nutch-nutchgora/

We run on Java 7

The issue on NUTCH-1590 is not about what version of Java we build with, it
is abouta security vulnerability in the way the Javadoc's are generated and
made available for each release... I think.
If you want to take action on this, please say and I'll do what I can.
Thanks
Lewis