Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Chanie Weiss <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/17 23:05:51 UTC

Presentation due tomorrow

917-693-0607 I was nearly done with my presentation, but it interrupted me
& stopped working. Then it restored the document, missing almost half of my
work. Sure, I can redo it. But how can I restore what's lost?

Re: Presentation due tomorrow

Posted by Chanie Weiss <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much for contacting me. I just checked this email. I can't
even describe what caused the problem. The program just stopped in the
middle. Actually I completed my project already anyway. Thank you.

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.
On 18/07/2020 01:05, Chanie Weiss wrote:
> 917-693-0607 I was nearly done with my presentation, but it interrupted me
> & stopped working. Then it restored the document, missing almost half of my
> work. Sure, I can redo it. But how can I restore what's lost?

It's a good habit to regularly saving your work.

Go to Tools -> Options -> Load/Save and set Always create backup copy
and Save AutoRecovery information every xx Minutes

Understand the difference between both options as explained in the
attached email from Brian Barker