Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Bin Zhu <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 09:25:17 UTC

ask for schedule for formal JAX-RS2.0 support

Hi,
I noticed from the following site that CXF 3.0 haven't claim formal JAX-RS
2.0 compliance yet, is there any rough schedule when will it be formal
supported? Thanks.

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html

CXF 3.0.0 completely implements JAX-RS 2.0 including new Client API and has
been fully tested against the first JAX-RS 2.0 TCK which became available
to Apache (jaxrstck-2.0_26-Feb-2013).

Note: CXF 3.0.0 can not claim at the moment the formal JAX-RS 2.0
compliance due to the fact that the final JAX-RS 2.0 TCK has not been
available to Apache.

Re: ask for schedule for formal JAX-RS2.0 support

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
I added a dedicated section:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/JAX-RS#JAX-RS-JAX-RSCompliance

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: ask for schedule for formal JAX-RS2.0 support

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mar 26, 2014, at 4:25 AM, Bin Zhu <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed from the following site that CXF 3.0 haven't claim formal JAX-RS
> 2.0 compliance yet, is there any rough schedule when will it be formal
> supported? Thanks.

To follow up on what Sergey has already stated…..

The agreement between Apache and Oracle/Sun that provided Apache with access to the various TCK’s expired a while ago.   So far, attempts to setup a new agreement have not been successful due to Oracle requiring various restrictions that would be incompatible with the goals of the Apache foundation.  Until Oracle is willing to adjust the terms, we’re not likely to have access again.

That said, there HAS been some attempts recently to get the conversation between Apache and Oracle restarted.   We’ll see if that changes the situation at all, but we (CXF) would not be able to give a concrete timeline.

HOWEVER, the CXF community is more than willing to do whatever we need to do to make sure the CXF JAX-RS implementation is as complete and compatible as possible.   If any users find any issues, they are encouraged to log the issues so they can be addressed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp