Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by sh...@lwsi.com on 2006/03/21 19:50:27 UTC

SQL Query Logging / Debugging

Hi all,

        I'm trying to facilitate the SQL queries called by Jetspeed.  In
the TRP, I setup log4j to do so.. but I still don't see the queries or
errors.  I know I'm getting an error because I get an SQL exception when
logging in (i'm using the DB2/400 as a test database).

Here's my entry in TRP:

services.LoggingService.system.destination.file=/WEB-INF/log/jetspeed.log
services.LoggingService.system.className=org.apache.turbine.services.logging.FileLogger
services.LoggingService.system.level=DEBUG

>From what I've read this should be good enough to send the queries to
jetspeed.log.  Anyone else encounter this or know another approach?

______________________
Shawn Haworth
LWSI/WebDev Programmer

Re: SQL Query Logging / Debugging

Posted by sh...@lwsi.com.
Awesome, works great.  Now to figure out how to fix these incorrect
statements...

______________________
Shawn Haworth
LWSI/WebDev Programmer

Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>
03/22/2006 10:35 AM
Please respond to
"Turbine Users List" <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>

Turbine Users List <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: SQL Query Logging / Debugging

Mhmm, not sure it this folder is in the classpath - could you move it to
WEB-INF/classes

Siegfried Goeschl

shaworth@lwsi.com wrote:
> Yes, my spy.properties is located in WEB-INF/conf.. I have that exact
> entry in it also.  I can connect to the database fine normally, but when
> change the default connection driver to:
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
> com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver
>
> I get null exceptions.
>

> ______________________
> Shawn Haworth
> LWSI/WebDev Programmer
> 501.558.4619 401.744.5337
>

> Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>
> 03/22/2006 09:14 AM
> Please respond to
> "Turbine Users List" <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>

> Turbine Users List <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: SQL Query Logging / Debugging
>

> Hi Shawn,
>
> just double-checking
>
> +) do you have a spy.properties in your classpath
> +) does it contain "realdriver=com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> shaworth@lwsi.com wrote:
>
>>Ok I followed your instructions on the wiki.  I still can't seem to get
>
> it
>
>>running.  My Torque.properties looks like this:
>>
>>torque.database.default=default
>>torque.database.default.adapter=db2app
>>torque.database.default.adapter=db2400
>>
>>##torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
>>com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
>>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
>>com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver
>>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
>>jdbc:as400://<serverip>;libraries=LWPSML
>>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = username
>>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = password

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory

http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-46f663e01bea72682fdc5f60ae02f2a47de29fec

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Shawn,

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Shawn,

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Shawn,

shaworth@lwsi.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>         I'm trying to facilitate the SQL queries called by Jetspeed.  In
> the TRP, I setup log4j to do so.. but I still don't see the queries or
> errors.  I know I'm getting an error because I get an SQL exception when
> logging in (i'm using the DB2/400 as a test database).
>
> Here's my entry in TRP:
>
> services.LoggingService.system.destination.file=/WEB-INF/log/jetspeed.log
> services.LoggingService.system.className=org.apache.turbine.services.logging.FileLogger
> services.LoggingService.system.level=DEBUG
>
>>>From what I've read this should be good enough to send the queries to
> jetspeed.log.  Anyone else encounter this or know another approach?

RE: SQL Query Logging / Debugging

Posted by sh...@lwsi.com.
Hi David,

I'm using Turbine 2.2, this is the version that is bundled with Jakarta
Jetspeed.  Not sure what could really be the issue here.

______________________
Shawn Haworth
LWSI/WebDev Programmer
501.558.4619 401.744.5337

"David Demner" <tu...@demner.com>
03/22/2006 01:34 AM
Please respond to
"Turbine Users List" <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>

"'Turbine Users List'" <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: SQL Query Logging / Debugging

Hi Shawn,

What version of Turbine are you using?

The version I'm using (2.3.1) uses log4j by default (log4j.file =
WEB-INF/conf/log4j.properties in TRP) and a standard log4j configuration
file at that location.  Works like a charm.

David