Posted to user@beam.apache.org by David S��nchez <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/24 14:51:58 UTC

Dataflow v2 runner scaling behaviour

Hi folks!

I'm testing the dataflow v2 runner in a batch pipeline (Apache Beam Python 3.7 SDK 2.27.0) that reads many million of rows from BigQuery and writes to PubSub and BigQuery using the flag "--experiments=use_runner_v2".

The same job used to scale up immediately to over 50 workers, but in v2 it never scales up further than 5-6 workers, thus it's way slower. I can see however that the total vCPU and memory are about half than before, which is promising. Any clue about why the scaling is behaving differently?

Many thanks

Re: Dataflow v2 runner scaling behaviour

Posted by David Sánchez <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pablo,

Did you find out anything? Any suggestion we can try?

Many thanks,
David

Posted by David Sánchez <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pablo,