Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2016/12/04 23:42:37 UTC

Re: PaxOsgi Appender

Hey Nicolas,
This appender is used to keep latest events in memory so log:tail and other log related commands can be applied on top of collected data. Since Karaf might be configured to just send log events over the wire we can’t rely on log file, even if we might know log format from configuration. You can safely remove this appender, but this will affect log commands.

Best regards,
Lukasz
—
Apache Karaf Committer & PMC