Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/23 22:17:29 UTC

Shared component issues

Hi there,

Where's the best place to raise JIRA issues against shared components?
 The pom points to MNG, but there's no 'Shared Components' component
in that JIRA project.  Would it be best to create a JIRA component or
a new JIRA project with components per shared component?

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Shared component issues

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 23 Mar 07, at 5:49 PM 23 Mar 07, Brian E. Fox wrote:
> True. I don't see then why we wouldn't have a module for each shared
> component like we do with plugins. Having a single shared project will
> tend to get cluttered with issues and makes it harder to prepare for
> releases etc.

I agree, this is a problem with the MOJO JIRA project - it makes it
hard to set the version information against issues since the versions
would have to be the union of all plugin versions.

On 23/03/07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> Want me to make a JIRA project for the shared components?

If you think that's the best way, although I tend to agree with Brian
regarding a JIRA project per shared component.  If you're doing the
latter then I just need one for maven-dependency-analyzer now.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Shared component issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Want me to make a JIRA project for the shared components?

Jason.

RE: Shared component issues

Re: Shared component issues

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.