Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/11/16 03:46:53 UTC

High security is well, but... (fwd)

not acked

----- Forwarded message from Tanya Gankina -----

Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 19:25:32 -0600
From: Tanya Gankina <ta...@comteknet.com>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: High security is well, but...

Hi, guys!

I understand that this posting is to wrong address ('cause I don't want
to report any bugs - Apache works perfect, on our site et least :-).
But I didn't found any E-mail addresses of team members, so forgive me
about that :-)
Actually, the reason why I write this letter is that our company starts
the beta-testing of CGI program that allows Apache users to do Credit
Cards Commerce (CCC) for Visa/MasterCard/AmEx. The cost of this
progarm will be less than $100 (compare with $7,000 at all for
Netscape).
Also, we developing and testing complete system for SET (Secure
Electronic Transactions - VISA/MasterCard standard for the Internet).
Cost of this system will be less than $1,000 (also compare... :-).

So, we want Apache users to be informed that they don't need to buy very
expensive Netscape stuff (or make more money for Microsoft in future
:-). I see only one way to do that - anounce information about that on
the Apache site.
If there are something interesting for someone in your team - please let
me know by E-mail or by phone (847) 202-6500.

With best regards,

Igor Rafalovsky
COMTEK International
System Architect