Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Antoine Boucher <an...@haltondc.com> on 2022/09/29 15:27:59 UTC

Proper procedure to delete orphan volumes from a dead Primary Storage

I have a few VM less volumes in Destroy state in no longer existing (dead) Primary storage.

Since I’m unable to remove volumes from the GUI. What would be the proper procedure to remove the entries from the db?

Would I just delete the appropriate row of the “volumes” and “volume_view” tables ? Or alternatively change the value of one of the fileds?

Regards,
Antoine

Re: Proper procedure to delete orphan volumes from a dead Primary Storage

Posted by Antoine Boucher <an...@haltondc.com>.
Thank you Sina, I will look at the volume table.

Antoine Boucher
AntoineB@haltondc.com
[o] +1-226-505-9734
www.haltondc.com

“Data security made simple and affordable”

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

On Oct 14, 2022, at 05:31, Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:

Hey Antoine,

We had the same issue. We found volumes that no longer exists on primary storage but they were visible in the UI. We sat the removed filed to now() in volumes table and the issue resolved.

Kind regards,
Sina

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Antoine,