Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mazz Golf <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/14 21:29:17 UTC

how to get the pattern

I have a module that I define within a <Location> tag
in httpd.conf:

<Location /mydir>
  SetHandler myhandler
</Location>

I can't seem to find an API that will allow my module
to get that string that I define this Location for
("/mydir").  I was going to use the request_rec->uri
or unparsed_uri and just do some string manipulation,
but I want to avoid the performance hit associated
with string manipulation.  I was hoping there was a
simple API or field in one of the Apache structures
that will return me the actual string used to define
the Location.

In the example above, I need an API that returns the
six character string "/mydir", regardless of the URI
that requested it (be it /mydir/mypages/index.html or
whatever).

Any help is much appreciated.

John