Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/07/23 10:25:21 UTC

debugging

Anyone using a debugger on Cocoon?
(The stop/deploy/start cycle make me mad 8-|)

I'm not quite sure to how to make my Tomcat4+C2 combo
startup in debug mode so I can connect.

This might be considered OT.
So maybe you should give a private mail.

Thanks
--
Torsten

RE: debugging

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> Donald,
>
> Did you try using the JPDA?
> ------------------------------------
> <faq>
>   <question>
>   How do i debug @docname@ using JDK1.3+?
>   </question>
>   <answer>
>     With JDK1.3, you can set the TOMCAT_OPTS (for Tomcat 3.X) or CATALINA_OPTS
>     (for Tomcat 4.X) as shown below (on Win2K) and then attach the debugger to
>     localhost:8000 using "<code>jdb -attach myhost:8000</code>" More information can be found at
>     <link href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3.0/docs/guide/jpda/conninv.html">JPDA - Connection and
> Invocation Details</link>.
>     <source>
> <![CDATA[
> set TOMCAT_OPTS=-classic -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000
> ]]>
>     </source>
>     <note>
>     This method is supposed to work under JBuilder4.0 as well.
>     </note>
>   </answer>
> </faq>

Ups it's in the faq?! ..I should have a more frequent look at the docs!
Thanks, Dims!
--
Torsten

Re: debugging

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Donald,

Did you try using the JPDA?
------------------------------------

--- Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
> > Anyone using a debugger on Cocoon?
> > (The stop/deploy/start cycle make me mad 8-|)
> >
> > I'm not quite sure to how to make my Tomcat4+C2 combo
> > startup in debug mode so I can connect.
>
> you can supposedly start t4 in a debugger:
>
> catalina.sh debug
>
> or something similar, but it doesn't work for me.
>
> - donald

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI