Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Claus Nyhus Christensen <cl...@jyskebank.dk> on 2006/01/30 16:22:03 UTC

javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD set to client on RAD/WAS6

Hi,

I am trying to get MyFaces working on RAD/WAS6. I have replaced the
jsf-ibm.jar supplied with RAD6 with the myfaces-all.jar file.
In the web.xml file I have to set

   <context-param>
       <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
       <param-value>client</param-value>
   </context-param>

since the application must run in a cluster and when the STATE_SAVING_METHOD
is set to server, MyFaces uses a java.util.WeakHashMap which is not
Serializable.

When I do the above, I get the following error on all my faces pages (and
action etc. is not working):
com.sun.faces.saveStateFieldMarker

Does anybody have expirence with how to fix this on RAD/WAS6 ? (when I use
Tomcat I do not have this problem).

Also, does anybody have some reference material on how to make MyFaces run
on WAS6 ? (real life expirence etc.)

Thanks in advance
Claus Nyhus