Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bhanu Krishna Cherukuri <bh...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/24 07:17:33 UTC

SMTP protocol

Hi All,

Is there any way we can test performance of SMTP protocol using Jmeter?

Can any one tried that and if any one tried that please provide any pointers
for that.

thanks
Bhanu

Re: SMTP protocol

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, that was not much help for SMTP ...

There's a Mailer Result Visualiser, which uses SMTP to send mails when
samples start failing, and then again when samples start succeeding.

So just create alternately succesful and failed Java Requests to
generate some SMTP messages. But this is not really a load tester, as
it does not measure response times.

If you are prepared to write some Java, you could use the BeanShell
Sampler to invoke JavaMail.

Or you could write your own Sampler.

[The SMTP code is in org.apache.jmeter.reporters.MailerModel.java]

S.

Re: SMTP protocol

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.