Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by san <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 03:33:58 UTC

new spam

Hello sir,

I need your help to avoid this type of spam. i tried SARE rules but not able
find any score. Can anyone write a small rule. It will be great help for me
and iam still learning spamassassin and not able to catch this one.
http://www.nabble.com/file/4147/States.gif
http://www.nabble.com/file/4148/s.txt s.txt

Re: new spam

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
san wrote:
> Hello sir,
>
> I need your help to avoid this type of spam. i tried SARE rules but not able
> find any score. Can anyone write a small rule. It will be great help for me
> and iam still learning spamassassin and not able to catch this one.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/4147/States.gif
> http://www.nabble.com/file/4148/s.txt s.txt

That's part of the new "image spam" wave.

There are several things that help, but none is perfect.

1) The SARE stocks ruleset. Be sure to update it frequently, or use RDJ,
as this spam pattern changes a lot. Most of the image spams are stock
ads, so the rules have been going here for now.

2) Many of the senders seem to be listed in the spamhaus XBL list. Make
sure you're using RBLs with SA.

3) Bayes training with sa-learn --spam. Minimally effective, but at
least it keeps these at BAYES_50 or so, instead of BAYES_00.

4) add one or more of the image processing plugins. ImageInfo is the
lightest-weight. FuzzyOCR uses an OCR on the images and can be pretty
expensive, but helps with the ones that don't have messy backgrounds.

You can also take other more drastic measures like greylisting, but
these have drawbacks of their own.

Re: new spam

Posted by Cheng Bruce <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You should use FuzzyOcr and GOCR,  ImageINFO to work with Spamassassin.

Best Regards,
Bruce Cheng