Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Domsch <ch...@assentis.com> on 2014/03/31 11:56:00 UTC

Debugging output only for a subproject in a reactor run

Hi all,

I have problems with a very specific plugin in our build and want to
enable debugging output only for the subproject in our overall build
setup. The commandline option -X enables debugging for the complete
execution, and I fear this would create too much output and might fail
the build due to memory problems... Now, is there a way to change the
logger during the build to enable debugging just for this one project?
(plugins running in pre and post phases to enable/disable that?)

Thanks,
Christia

RE: Debugging output only for a subproject in a reactor run

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
log4j.properties:

# OpenSymphony Stuff FATAL Error messages only
log4j.logger.com.opensymphony=FATAL

#Struts core debug (LOTS of messaging)

log4j.logger.org.apache.struts2=DEBUG

# Spring Stuff (lighten up to INFO Level)
log4j.logger.org.springframework=INFO

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html
HTH
Martin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> commandline option -X enables debugging for the complete execution, and I
> fear this would create too much output and might fail the build due to
> memory problems... Now, is there a way to change the logger during the build
> to enable debugging just for this one project? (plugins running in pre and

I'm unaware of any specific way to implement what you've requested. I
generally just debug the whole build and grep/find the things I care
about. Can't say that I've run into "memory problems" as a rseult of
that.

Wayne