Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Havaldar, Raghu" <Ra...@ONSTAR.com> on 2002/07/17 18:15:14 UTC

CompositeRollingFileAppender compilation problems

Hi,

Am trying to use the Kevin-Steppe contributed CompositeRollingFileAppender
class, but
am having compilation problems. Am using JDK 1.3.1 on Win2K. The
RollingCalendar class defined in DailyRollingFileAppender class is somehow
not visible to the CompositeRollingFileAppender (though both are in the same
package).

Has anyone got around it ?

Also, I do not know why the RollingCalendar class was not put in a separate
file (as it seems to be reusable).

I am using Log4J 1.2.5. The API for FileAppender has changed in 1.2.5. The
setFile() method's signature has changed resulting in compilation problems
with
the CompositeRollingFileAppender class.

thanks,
raghu