Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by marathiboy <Sl...@fbi.gov.INVALID> on 2020/03/12 12:40:53 UTC

accumulo trace from monitor

Hello,

On a newly setup accumulo cluster, when I go to monitor, the "Recent Traces"
page show following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException; Cloud not extract password from
CredentialProvider
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.security.tokens.CredentialProviderToken.init(CredentialProviderToken.java:
72)

I have changed the root password and also added another admin user, I tried
both the users and respective password for trace.user ,
trace.token.property.password and accumulo.root_password

What may be wrong?

Thanks

Sent from: http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/Developers-f3.html

Re: accumulo trace from monitor

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Hadoop provided the CredentialsProviders API as a way to obfuscate
passwords from being stored in plaintext on your filesystem. This is
just done via an JCEKS file located somewhere on the local filesystem
or HDFS.

If I was to take a wag, I'd assume that the trace token
(username/principal and password) are stored using a
CredentialProvider, probably Cloudera Manager managing that file for
you. The error you give almost looks like Accumulo can't find/extract
the password from the JCEKS file. However, if you have changed the
password, I'm not sure how CM would know that you have changed the
password "underneath" it (I can't imagine it could know this).
Regardless, I'm sure there is a way to fix the JCEKS file so that it
has the new password. Reaching out to a Cloudera rep (services or
support) would be a good idea.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
If you're using a version provided by a vendor, you might want to
check your vendor support, as they may have modified Accumulo in a way
that is specific to your version. If you can provide the full stack
trace, we might be able to help pin it down, but you're best luck is
probably to reach out to your vendor.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
In order to debug, please provide the version of Accumulo you are
using and the full stack trace. Also, it may help to do a case
insensitive search through your configs for anything related to
credential providers to see if there's some configuration issue
causing the problem (`grep -i credentialprovider`).