Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2018/05/13 15:37:56 UTC

Review #62355

Hi,

I'd like to apply the patches in #62355 before 4.0.0, but this contains breaking changes especially for the POIXML* classes, i.e. their package moved.

At least for this, I'd like to have a thumbs up/down.

Andi

Re: Review #62355

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
+1 4.0.0 is a good place to make changes like this - otherwise, we'd need to
make them in a 5.0.0 release later.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] Re: Review #62355

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
I also vote

a) -0 b) -1 c) +1

since 4.0 has lots of other breaking changes (removing deprecated APIs in
particular) requiring some import reorganizations isn't a big deal in my
opinion, and doesn't block the advancement toward supporting future Java
versions.

I'd rather not need to publish an additional JAR file and document which
one was needed for what contexts/purposes, and all the questions coming
from people not RTFM or JFGI.

Leaving things as-is doesn't hurt me in the next couple of years, but as
always, the longer one takes to migrate to the latest, the more pain is
involved when the time comes due.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Re: Review #62355

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed with the consensus on applying the patch (3x +1) , which I'll do within the next days.

Andi

Re: [VOTE] Re: Review #62355

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Also  a) -0 b) -1 c) +1

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

[VOTE] Re: Review #62355

Re: Review #62355

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.
Hi,

If it is breaking, then it already is `4.0.0`. If you need to release before the load of other breaking changes, then they will be `5.0.0`.

Alain

⁣Gesendet mit BlueMail ​