Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by cocorossello <co...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/21 11:13:51 UTC

tomee and jdk14

Hi,

Just for curiosity, I tried tomee with jdk14 (upgrading xbean). I found that
the java.security.acl package is removed from jdk14
(https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191138  ) and
java.security.acl.Group is referenced in AbstractSecurityService (I don't
know if it is used somewhere else).

I've tried to patch it making AbstractSecurityService implement Principal
instead of java.security.acl.Group and everything works, at least in my
environment, but I don't know about other setups.

Is it ok? Care for a PR with this patch?

Best regards,
Vicente.

Re: tomee and jdk14

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
That's awesome, thank you!

Re: tomee and jdk14

Posted by cocorossello <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have created the JIRA ticket, I will do the patch this weekend.

Re: tomee and jdk14

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
> Is it ok? Care for a PR with this patch?

A big yes please! Thank you for catching this!

Jon