Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rahul Vangari <ra...@vnnogile.in> on 2018/09/12 08:09:45 UTC

How to define lot in a production run?

Hi,

In manufacturing BOM I've defined that "Product 1" can be made from
"Product 2" and in the Routing I have defined "qty to produce" as 10.
Also, I defined the
RoutingProductLink with quantity as 10.

Now ProductionRun is created with Quantity=1. But when the JobShop is
run and completed only 1 quantity is produced.

What is the significance of QtyToProduce in Routing and Quantity in
RoutingProductLink? In short, my question is can I define a lot quantity
for a ProductionRun?

Rahul Vangari.
vnnogile Solutions Private Limited
www.vnnogile.com

Re: How to define lot in a production run?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Rahul,

The quantity to produce for a production run is either set in a manual
process (see [1]), or through MPR processes (based on requirements from
orders).

AIUI, a value set in the quantityToProduce field in a Routing (see [1]), is
not used in the functionalities to create a production run. A production
run is generated either through MRP processes (based on requirements from
orders), or manually through [2]. But I must say that it has been quite a
while ago that I have looked at the intricacies of the functions in the
various production run related services.

Maybe another contributor - with more in-depth knowledge - can chime in to
explain the relationship between the Routing.quantityToProduce and
a ProductionRun.quantityToProduce or the relationship between a
RoutingProductLink.quantity and a ProductionRun.quantityToProduce.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*