Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2011/07/11 11:41:28 UTC

Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Hi,

I was trying to find where in a snapshot repo or source repository
the latest version of the maven ant tasks reside?

Thanks, Paul.

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
What's in the Aether Ant Tasks is identical logic to what Maven 3.x does.

On Sep 19, 2011, at 8:51 PM, Paul King wrote:

> So would you describe the Aether Ant Tasks as almost a drop in
> replacement for the (dependency resolution part of the) Maven Ant
> Tasks?
>
> Thanks, Paul.
>
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
>> The resolution logic for Maven 3.x is done by Aether, so you may want to look at the Aether Ant Tasks[1].
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/sonatype/aether-ant-tasks
>>
>> On Sep 19, 2011, at 1:47 PM, alejandro.alves wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am having the same issue, how could I solve the problem.
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by "alejandro.alves" <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Paul King <pa...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks, in my scenario I can't assume that Maven 2/3 will be installed
and there typically won't be a pom file either. I guess I'll await 2.2.2
(or more specifically a new m.a.t release) with hopefully a fix for:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-213

I'll look at a hacked solution in the meantime.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Well m-a-t shades the maven classes that it uses inside the m-a-t jar
file... so adding maven 3 jars to the classpath will have no effect.

By forking I meant the artifact:mvn task:
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/examples/mvn.html

which can be used to fork a m2 or m3 build and will handle downloading
the version of maven you require from the central repository for you.

I suspect that the best you could do is provide an equivalent patch
for MNG-4738 against the m2 codebase... I know there _may_ be a 2.2.2
release in the nearish future (if there are enough issues with fixes)
and that would give scope for a quick fix to the m-a-t issue....
moving m-a-t to the m3 codebase requires a bit more work, so might
take longer.

-Stephen

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/download.html

and

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/2.1.3/

Don't mind the 2.x version number it can fork Maven 3 if you need it to

-Stephen